Intercompany Transaction error

amanpreet.singhamanpreet.singh Member Posts: 23
Hi All,

I have posted a transaction from Company A to Company B.
while posting the transaction from Company A the system completed the transaction....when i tried to COMPLETE LINE ACTION in Company B's INBOX the system says IC G/L ACCOUNT NO. "DOESNOT EXIST.

Please let me know ...where is thw missing link ....I have checked the Partner Card in the FM SETUP (Inetrcompany---> Parttner)

regards

Comments

• EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    have you transfered G/L Account information from A to B ?

you did not set CHANGECOMPANY for the table in question to point to destination company and luckily the record you looking for in destination company does not exist there and is present only in the source company hence the error message revealing programming logic error.

what you did was you WHILE BEING IN SOURCE COMPANY A were reading data from company A (source company) and writing data to company B (destination company). It is not good idea because when writing data to other company you need to set manually for every record type variable CHANGECOMPANY. Some of those variables will be unavailable for you to set (for example you try to write to master table and have no access to details table defined and handled in the master's table OnInsert trigger).

It is much better idea WHILE BEING IN DESTINATION COMPANY B to import data from source company A. This is because you only need to set CHANGECOMPANY for tables you are reading from and it does not involve cascaded triggers code execution in other (not currently opened) company