Cannot post Purchase Invoice: Dimension Value Code Required

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

Users are having problem when posting Item Charges invoice.

They enter a line for an item charge, make the Item Charge Assignment to one item for a specific receipt.

On the invoice line for above item charge, they enter same Dimension Value Code as the item which was on the Item Charge Assignment line.

When user posts the invoice, system prompts the user to enter the Dimension Value Code which has already been entered.

Please note that on the Item Card, on the Default Dimension window, Value Posting for the Item is Same Code.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It could be a bug. I suggest to contact your NSC who can debug it and give you a solution.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

While verifying the entries and dimension value codes, I noticed that the Dimension Value Code set on the Posted Purchase Receipt for the item is different.

In other words, the Dimension Value Code has been changed for the item after the purchase receipt was posted.

A different Dimension Value Code than the one which is on the purchase receipt has been set on the invoice for item charges, that is why the system is blocking the user from posting the invoice.

I think this is the reason why the user could not post the invoice for item charges.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.