Security Filter

aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
Dear All,

on Purchase Order Form i want to see the items whose
invetory Category Code is Consumable for this i have applied security filter on the item Table Data in permissions but it is not wrking. when i select no. in the Purchase Order Line it Shows all the items.

Regards,
Aman
Aman Kumar Gupta

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check, that no other role gives user permissions to see all the items without sec. filter. If yes, it will override your sec. filters and user see all.
    2) Not everywhere are sec. filters used to filter the records. E.g. if the lookup is done through code, you need to use SETPERMISSIONFILTER over the record variable to set the security filters.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
    Dear Sir,

I have only given one role to user so no question of overriding the role, Secondly i am using security filter on Purchase Order Form that is the standard form & we have done no customization on the No. Field.

Regards,
    Aman Kumar Gupta
    Which version of NAV you are using? (version of Application/objects and of the client).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • aman_mbsaman_mbs Member Posts: 158
    Dear Sir,
    We r using navision 4 sp3.
    kine wrote:
    Which version of NAV you are using? (version of Application/objects and of the client).
    Aman Kumar Gupta
    Try to add SETPERMISSIONFILTER; into OnOpenForm of the Lookup form.

The permissions filters are automatically set just in some cases, in some cases you need to add some code to be able to use them. It is why they are not so much used...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BlueGeneBlueGene Member Posts: 6
    As not mentioned before, Securityfilters work ONLY with SQL!

best regards

Bluegene
  • anand_sri12anand_sri12 Member Posts: 71
    And also make sure there must not be any permission for tabledata having value 0 as object ID for that particular user
    With thanks

Anand Kumar
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    kine wrote:
    Try to add SETPERMISSIONFILTER; into OnOpenForm of the Lookup form.

The permissions filters are automatically set just in some cases, in some cases you need to add some code to be able to use them. It is why they are not so much used...

Hi, kine..

Is it possible to add SETPERMISSIONFILTER without adding SETRANGE or SETFILTER before?

Thank you :D
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Have you tried it? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Yes, I have tried it.. But is it alright? Is it the right way of coding SETPERMISSIONFILTER? :D
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Of course it's possible. Just think of what you would try to do if you want to get all records within a special security filter. In this case there won't be the need to add any other filter.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    Okay...

Thank you,einsTeIn.NET :D
    Best regards,

Johanna