Re-importing document numbers via a dataport

stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
I've run a receivables dataport to bring in open items from the sales ledger of an exisiting system into Nav 4.0 SP3. This included the document number (i.e. the invoice number), however, I was given the wrong information for this field. The customer has given me the correct data now, so what I want to do is update ONLY the document number to make it correct.

Can I do this through a dataport or is it a simple SQL update script on both the customer_ledger_entry and detailed_customer_ledger_entry table? Obviously a dataport would be preferred rather than cheating!

If it's a dataport, can someone point me in the right direction how to create this dataport that overwrites just the document number

Many thanks

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    You'll need a text file containing 2 fields:
    Old Doc No., New Doc No.

The dataport will read the 2 fields & search the table for the Old Doc No. & replace with the New Doc No.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As idiot wrote - just create dataport e.g. over Integer table (disable the auto insert, modify etc...), use own variables for reading the data, and own record variables to find and change the data in DB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.