Planned Delivery Date not calculated correctly

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
I am experiencing the following issue with a 5.0 database. I have submitted it to Microsoft and they have referred the issue to development. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue and possible devise a solution or work-around.

System is not considering customer’s non-working days as in-transit days. Consider the following that I have setup in a development database.

Customer 10065 is defined with a 2 day shipping time

Their custom calendar specifies Wednesday 03/05/08 as a non-working day.

Create an order for 03/04/08 and the planned delivery date gets set to Thursday 03/06/08. This is what I would expect.

Set the WORKDATE to 03/04/08

Create an order for customer 10065 and the planned delivery date gets set to Friday 03/07/06. I would expect Thursday 03/06/08 since it is a working day for the customer. The system seems to count only customer working days as in-transit days.
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You probably need someone to look at the code, but I could offer another suggestion. There is no time cutoff for ordering in NAV, unlike AX, and therefore can it possibly count today in calculations or must it ignore it, thereby starting the day after, this would only be the case where the work date was the same as the order date. You could be placing an order at 23.30, do you want it to consider that day as 1 day in your 2 day shipping time?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I have already spent enough time "looking at the code". I need to return my time to billable work. The issue has been referred to Microsoft. They have confirmed that it does not work as intended. I undderstand your point about time, but this calculation does not consider "time of day".

In the meantime I have devised a workaround to this issue this issue that solves the client's near term needs. Once Microsoft releases a solution I will revisit the issue.

I was more curious if anyone had rum into this problem and what their resolutions were. This seems to be a rather basic issue. Is it that not a lot of people are using the calendar functions?
  • ksouthcottksouthcott Member Posts: 3
    I submitted this issue to MS dev through my partner and a fix was sent which did not work. They claimed it would be fixed in 5.0 - which it also is not. Still waiting. This is a common thing in distribution (have non working days as intransit days) and not sure why it has not worked since day 1. Was very surprised to hear that this was a new issue to them.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I received the following responses from MS development.

"..Development has stated that NAV is not sophisticated enough at this point to rationalize the Wednesday day off for the customer only so that this should not affect delivery time. I am still working this with them so maybe we'll see some additional corrections but for now this is all we have. .."

"...development has come back to say that this will be considered as a change in a future release but they are not going to do anymore on this for now..."