Send to Office in different Officeversions (Office 2002/XP)?

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
Hi,

Is it possible to use the three buttons: 'Send to Microsoft Office' when using Office 2002 (=Office XP)? Do I need a special dll (if yes, which dll)? Is it possible to use these buttons in different Officeversions?

Thanks,
Hans van der Hoeven

Comments

• EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    what three buttons are you talking about ? button sin Navision or buttons in MS Office ?
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    Hi,

Sorry, I'm talking about the three Officebuttons that are at the top of the NAV 5.0 screen.

Regards,

Hans
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to use Office 2007 because you need office able to read documents in XML format...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    You need to use Office 2007 because you need office able to read documents in XML format...

Strange, because I have read somewhere at Convergence 2007 that Office 2003 also works... I was wondering about Office 2002/XP (two names for the same version). Sorry to ask: but are you sure about ONLY Office 2007?

Thanks again!
    Hans
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I am not sure, may be the Office 2003 also works, if you install the compatibility addin. Sorry, I had no chance to test Office 2003...

But Office XP is really too old to be able to open the xml file... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    We have a solution ReportX thats working in Office 2000-2007 and NAV 3.60 - 5.00. To get back to your question; Excel XP does work. Word XP doesn't. You need to upgrade to 5.0 to get those " Send To" icons. It's an easy to do upgrade.
    ajhvdb wrote:
    We have a solution ReportX thats working in Office 2000-2007 and NAV 3.60 - 5.00. To get back to your question; Excel XP does work. Word XP doesn't. You need to upgrade to 5.0 to get those " Send To" icons. It's an easy to do upgrade.

Thanks for your reaction.
    Sorry, but I don't understand completely. We're upgrading to NAV 5.0 and I see these icons. I want to know if they will work in Office 2002/2003. As a 'hogeschool'we only want 'outofthebox' NAV for our students.
    Do I understand correctly if I say that Word 2002 is not supported and Excel 2002 is supported? How about 2003?
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672