Options

Connect Navision with SQL 2005

debby_boxdebby_box Member Posts: 13
edited 2008-03-03 in SQL General
Hi all,

Please I need someone to help me out urgently.

I have installed SQL Server 2005 and Navision client (sql server option) on my system and I was able to connect to the database, restore data and do all sort.

When I tried connecting from another system, a got an error message cannot find server. I typed the serverpath and name but it still gave me the same thing. Could this be because the systems are in workgroup not domain? Or do I have to set anything on the other systems? (Like the host file when using the native database server). Please help me out

Secondly, I dont know how to bring the stored procedure into SQL, I have already unzipped the xp_ndo.dll file into the binn directory of SQL installation. Can anybody send me the codes on how to do this.

Please, I'll appreciate your urgent response.

Thanking you in anticipation

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Windows Authentication will only support domain users that are in the same domain as the server.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Search this forum on 'extended stored procedures', and you will find about 1122 posts. Search on 'extended AND stored AND procedures' and you will find 25. Read through those 25 posts, and you should find your answer there.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic closed because of double posting]
    See http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24228
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

This discussion has been closed.