Options

Connect Navision with SQL 2005

debby_boxdebby_box Member Posts: 13
edited 2008-03-03 in SQL General
Hi all,

Please I need someone to help me out urgently.

I have installed SQL Server 2005 and Navision client (sql server option) on my system and I was able to connect to the database, restore data and do all sort.

When I tried connecting from another system, a got an error message cannot find server. I typed the serverpath and name but it still gave me the same thing. Could this be because the systems are in workgroup not domain? Or do I have to set anything on the other systems? (Like the host file when using the native database server). Please help me out

Secondly, I dont know how to bring the stored procedure into SQL, I have already unzipped the xp_ndo.dll file into the binn directory of SQL installation. Can anybody send me the codes on how to do this.

Please, I'll appreciate your urgent response.

Thanking you in anticipation

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Upcoming version NAV forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Sounds like you are running SQL Server on a workstation not a server.
    You need to make sure it is supporting tcp/ip.
    The documentation on the xp_ndo.dll is very clear. You need to make sure you are installing it as an extended stored procedure which will be on the master database. Make sure the name you give it is spelled exactly the same as the manual - you install it once for user ids and once for groups.
    Then set the permissions for the extended procedure - grant execute to public.
    Also, make sure your trace flag is set -T4616 in SQL Server configuration manager.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you installed the SQL Express or SQL developer edition on the machine, you need to enable the remote access in the Surface Configuration tool. These versions has remote access disabled by default.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!