LS Retail Data Director

ashishthesajnaniashishthesajnani Member Posts: 3
I have a serious problem at the backoffice of my client
I have used DD to replicate data from the stores
There are 4 stores in total
3 are working absolutely fine
but 1 is having a weird problem
The data from the HeadOffice(backoffice) to store is replicating perfectly fine but store to Headoffice it does not replicate properly
The transaction are replicated during Late Nights or Early Mornings

Plz, any information from ur side is invaluable.
Thank u
Ashish Sajnani

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You need to look at the packets inbound from that store and see which one has the problem.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ashishthesajnaniashishthesajnani Member Posts: 3
    I have cleared the packets completely and restarted
    still its giving the same problem
    It shows "Waiting" in the Status of the incoming and outgoing messages of the Receiver
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    If you have cleared the packets, then you need to also clear the data folder for packets as well. Make sure you don't touch other stores packets. You need to do this on both sides. You need to rdp to the store and do the same thing.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • paasanpaasan Member Posts: 4
    hi
    try to debug the locale DD and see whats going on, you can also telnet the DD.

i assume that you have contact on the districard with HQ
  • srini1705srini1705 Member Posts: 14
    Hi

I think as per communication it works in the night time but day time it is giving you a error status. This may be because of your network speed (connectivity) between your store and HO. May be more users are in the same network or someone must be sending / receiving the bulk data. (you need to check if any). I have come accross the same problem but the problem because of the network connectivity. We have spoken to the service provider too.

Srini
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    DD uses its own compression method to compress the data and send it across the network. You can use a sniffer in the netwrk to see where its going wrong. This will give you a clear picture of what is happening on the locaion where DD is not working.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
    The Data Director creates the packet after reading the data from source table and that packet sent to the destination location and getting processed and data is getting populated at the destination database.

What will be the size of the packet size? Where the packet size can defined.? Eg. If I wanted to transfer 30-40lacs item master, the scheduler does work properly. No issue on this. How it is created into a packets , I mean can we set the packet size ? If yes, then where the configuration is available.

This is little urgent.

Regards

Srini
  • mariuspmariusp Member Posts: 5
    Hello!
    Have you checked the license you are using? sometimes the dd user cannot connect to Nav server because all the connections in the license are occupied...
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Problems for not sending data from store to HO

1.Check the DD License provided by your partner
    2.Check the DD Configuration.
    3.Look into the incoming/outgoing messages.
    4.Try using the Data Director Administration.
    5.Check for the Connection between store to HO
    6.Check the Packet Size
    7.Look at the Work folder (if any unnecessary data is there then clean it)
    8.clean the unprocessed incoming/outgoing messages if any.

Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
    Hi

The earlier packets of the particular job id is not fully compelted the process (may be network problem or server is having a problem). But you will be getting an error code in the job id.. What was the error code on the waiting job?

That will help you to trace out the problem