Rebate Coupons as an Item?

CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
Hi,

What is the standard method of handling Rebate Coupons? Our accounting department wants to create an Item(s) for rebate coupons we issue. When applied to an order, the coupon item should decrease the order amount by the face value of the coupon, like a discount. Is it possible to create the item with a negative Unit Price? What other ways are there to handle this issue?

cheers,

Comments

• Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Are your coupons realy existing (e. g. printed on paper and send to your customer) and you want to have an overview about your remaining quantity on stock?
    Then you should handle this with items.
    I think that it is not possible in standard to enter a negative unit price, but you can change this behavior easiely.

Alternatively you can use "Item charges" which are not hold on stock and are allowed to keep negative values in standard.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    Hi Timo,

OK, I'll bite. I see I can choose "Charge (Item)" from the Type field on a Sales Line. But how do I set them up so they are available from the "No." lookup? :oops:

cheers,
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    CobaltSS wrote:
    But how do I set them up so they are available from the "No." lookup? :oops:
    If no form opens on lookup, your license must be updated to allow item charges.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • CobaltSSCobaltSS Member Posts: 137
    Hi Timo,

My mistake, I should have been more specific. The "Item Charges" form opens when I do the Lookup from the Sales Line. But where is it in the main menu? I've a Developers license, so all objects are availble to me, but I can't see where to create these items... Maybe I need a new prescription for my glasses...
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I tested it and I was able to manually enter a Negative Price in my sales line. The post-test report showed no conficts.

Wasn't able to set it on the item card thou must be some code checking it.

ON the item table I see My Unit Price's Property of MinValue = 0 that's why you can't enter a negative #. get rid of that and give it a go works like a charm.

You might want to think about adding some code on the OnInsert of the Prices to stop the possiblilty of wrong entries

since you will probably create a Rebate:intentory posting group (I assume) I guess you can make it allow negative prices if the specific rebate item number has a retate: inv Post Group else revert back to it's regular code.