Fixed Assets

dhananjaydhananjay Member Posts: 38
Hello All,
I have one query regarding fixed assets.
I want to purchase 10( ten) Computer having same configuration . All these are my fixed assets. I want to track all the computer individuallly.
So I have to cretate 10 fixed assets card for these FA. According to purchase cycle I have raise Purchase order first then do GRN and then do invoicing. So my question is at the time of making purchase order I have to creat 10 lines for each FA or I have create one line ?
Because I have send purchase order to my vendor . If I create ten lines for similar item it does not look good ?
So how to handle this kind of situation in our system ?

rgds
dhananjay
rgds
dhananjay

Comments

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    dhananjay wrote:
    Hello All,
    I have one query regarding fixed assets.
    I want to purchase 10( ten) Computer having same configuration . All these are my fixed assets. I want to track all the computer individuallly.
    So I have to cretate 10 fixed assets card for these FA. According to purchase cycle I have raise Purchase order first then do GRN and then do invoicing. So my question is at the time of making purchase order I have to creat 10 lines for each FA or I have create one line ?
    Because I have send purchase order to my vendor . If I create ten lines for similar item it does not look good ?
    So how to handle this kind of situation in our system ?

rgds
    dhananjay
    You have to create 10 lines.
    You have to create the FA No. & specify Type = FA in your PO for each FA.
    The work around is to PO for the total of all as one, then do FA reclass.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Not a good approach but client was happy with it :
    Group all FA with same FA posting group in the PO report and make the grouping optional.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • dhananjaydhananjay Member Posts: 38
    Ya all the fixed assets have same posting group.
    so does it required customization for purchase order report to print according to posting group wise?

rgds
    dhananjay
    rgds
    dhananjay
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Yes.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • dhananjaydhananjay Member Posts: 38
    So you mean to say that we have to create 10 lines on purchase order form, and when we print pruchase order report we have to print single line having 10 qty..
    But in this case soft copy of purchase order & hard copy of purchase order is not macthing ?
    So what we can do in this situation ?

rgds
    dhananjay
    rgds
    dhananjay