Uploading beggining balance

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
We are in a scenario of implementation of navision and currently uploading a beginning balance for 2008. The problem is we have to upload the detailed beginning balance for AR for specific customers and AP for specific vendors. How can we do this? ](*,)

Many thanks!
Navision noob....

Comments

• jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    What do you mean by detailed beginning balance?

Import the AP and AR opening to General Journal. Set the posting account so that the debit and credit will go to the same GL. Then when you post the journal, it will update the AP and AR respectively, but not the GL. Then upload the GL opening to General Journal. That's normal, yes?

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The Posting Date will be your GoLive Date, The document Date will be the date when the transaction actually happened, and offcourse you need the due date for when it will be due.
    When you run your aging report you will select to run it based on Document Date.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    jonsan21 wrote:
    What do you mean by detailed beginning balance?

Import the AP and AR opening to General Journal. Set the posting account so that the debit and credit will go to the same GL. Then when you post the journal, it will update the AP and AR respectively, but not the GL. Then upload the GL opening to General Journal. That's normal, yes?

Rgds,

Jon.

You mean to say I will import the AP and AR into its specific GL (Not on every vendor)? Not this way, It will not update the Receivable per customer and vendor. What we initially did (but not posted yet) is import the begining balance of the GL accounts and alter & devide the AR & AP to its specific customer and vendor. But navision does not allow to post this kind of transaction. It prompts me the error "BGBAL2008 posted on 01/01/08 includes more than one customer or vendor. In order for the program to calculate VAT, the entries must be seperated by another document number or by an empty line.".
    Navision noob....
  • JoshuaSavesJoshuaSaves Member Posts: 15
    jonsan21 is offering an excellent idea. One I have used for numerous go-lives.

Whenever you post a entry in the Gen. Journal Line table (it doesn't matter if you use the Sales Journal or the General Journal form) and the Account Type is Customer or Vendor, NAV will automatically post the Debit part of the transaction to whatever G/L Account is setup in your Posting Group Setup in G/L. If this is done without the Bal. Account set to the same A/R or A/P account it will either over or understate your General Ledger opening balances. This is true if you do the customer and vendors before or after you load the G/L balances.

If you use the suggested method, the change to G/L will net to 0.00. This will allow you to then put in the opening balances to each account without fear of them being altered.
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    You mean to say I will import the AP and AR into its specific GL (Not on every vendor)? Not this way, It will not update the Receivable per customer and vendor. What we initially did (but not posted yet) is import the begining balance of the GL accounts and alter & devide the AR & AP to its specific customer and vendor. But navision does not allow to post this kind of transaction. It prompts me the error "BGBAL2008 posted on 01/01/08 includes more than one customer or vendor. In order for the program to calculate VAT, the entries must be seperated by another document number or by an empty line.".

Blur...

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.