Errors with DevToolkit

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Merging seems to be realy pain with the dev toolkit lately, actually when moving to the new version..
I tryed to do NavW14.00 SP1 to NAVW15.00 merge with DevToolkit, no custom changes and I get these errors:

1. The filter 'IF (XBRL Version' is invalid. You enterede an invalid expression in the filter on the Property field in the Property table. For information about entering filters, see the online Help.

2. The filter 'IF NoOfLineNodes >0 THEN BEGI' is invalid. You entered an invalid expression in the filter on the Property field in the Property table. For information about entering filters, see the online Help.

3. Database Error: 1097.

4. You cannot make any changes in the database until a transaction has been started.

5. Database Error: 7.

Every error lets you just press OK button and continue and in the end the new custom DB lacks lots of some tables (even some of them were in the NAV 5 base DB).

Does this all mean that I'd should use some older/other version of Dev Toolkit? the DB which I used with the toolkit was NAVW14.00 SP1.
K.S.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't use upgrade toolkit for update.
    I suggest to use txt merging tools and do the comparison manually.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • fcrespofcrespo Member Posts: 9
    The solution is to skip report 505 from migration objects and work on it later.

Basically the problem is in the automatic Navision merge process that sometimes tries to merge different functions or params between OLD and NEW Navision versions. In this concrete scenario, Navision tries to merge different Reports and compare a code line ("IF NoOfLineCodes...") with a property...
    Felipe Crespo