Problem with Style Sheet Toolkit

jsnayberkjsnayberk Member Posts: 58
Hello,

I created some new style sheets with the toolkit following strictly the guidelines of the users guide but I can´t get it properly running. Word is opening but only the texts of the templates are appearing. The data fields are not passed to word.
Did I miss something or what could cause this problem?
DB is running on SQL Server. Local finsql.exe client.

Best regards
--
Josef Snayberk

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Can you describe exactly step-by-step what you did to create the stylesheet?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • jsnayberkjsnayberk Member Posts: 58
    Waldo wrote:
    Can you describe exactly step-by-step what you did to create the stylesheet?

I created the style sheets exactly like it is described here: https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/par ... AV50v2.pdf

Everything seemed to work fine up to the point when I started the form which is basic for the export to Word. Then I pushed the button "Send to Microsoft Office Word" in the symbol bar. Word start, the document appeared but without the data that have been linked to the fields in the template. Only the plain text of template shows up.

I once did a simalar job on a C/SIDE DB and it worked well. And so I first gessed that it could have something to do with the SQL Server. But I can exclude this because I backed up the DB and restored it locally. It´s the same problem there.

I´m quite confused because it has worked already on the same client machine and as far I recall there were no changes to the configuration of Office since that time.
    --
    Josef Snayberk
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    hm, going to be difficult. Works fine with me :-k

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Steve.DesmedtSteve.Desmedt Member Posts: 13
    Hi all,

Has anybody found a solution for this because i have exactly the same problem.
    Thx in advance

Steve