(C/ODBC/SQL) Get Table Field Caption

Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
Good day,
maybe somebody could provide information on how can field captions be retrieved from database? Also it would be interested while using direct SQL - where these captions are stored in database?
Br,
Igor Beeone

Comments

• Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Seems these translations are in Object table as encrypted blobs :/
    Has anybody tred to make RE on this?:)
    Br,
    Igor Beeone
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use RecordRef and FieldRef to read the captions, or you can use C/AL code to export Field table, if you are inside NAV, it is not problem. May be you can use C/Front too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hello,
    i'm out of NAV. Seems there are no way of getting caption via C/ODBC or CFRONT ... it's written in C/FRONT manual (Page 4: Multilanguage)... but there is kind of function DBL_SetLanguage and in this case maybe DBL_FieldCaption will retrieve caption by defined ID?:) Need to try.
    Br,
    Igor Beeone
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In C/ODBC (N/ODBC) you can set the language too, than you will see the fields with captions instead with names. Just look at th advanced options of the ODBC driver.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Probably needless to say, but if you're on SQL, and you check the "Maintain View" in the "alter database" window. When you do this, there are many views created. E.g.: "ENU$CRONUS BELGIË NV$Sales Header". It contains the data of Sales header in company "Cronus België NV" with English captions... . You get these views for every language.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Hello,
    Thanks to everybody, but seems that I will need to use C/FRONT for automatic flowfield translation to SQL statements, so I will take captions and translations using C/FRONT. But thanks very much for "Maintain Views" thing - haven't tried it ](*,)
    Br,
    Igor Beeone