Transferring Custom Field Data from...

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
NAV 4 SP 3

Hello everyone, sorry about the thread topic, I wasn't sure what to say.

Our Purchase Header has a few custom fields on it, a date and a few code fields that reference other tables.

Once the PO is recieved/invoiced, the data is obviously lost.

I was hoping someone could help me understand the method necessary to get the data to post to the purch receipt header and purch invoice headers.. it's integral to our reporting, as you could imagine.

unfortunately we are without much implementer help on this. I'm guessing there is work to be done in specific code units, and while i'm slowly reading through the different codeunits in a test database, the process is long for a first timer.

A little direction or a few hints would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

-Adam

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For Purchase and Sales documents you just needs to add same fields with same numbers into the target tables (Sales Invoice header, Sales Shipment header etc.). The postig routine will transfer the fields automatically. But because the tables are "posted tables" you need Solution Developer granule to be able to add these fields.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kine wrote:
    For Purchase and Sales documents you just needs to add same fields with same numbers into the target tables

Your post says your looking thru codeunits - so Kine's post here is rwally what you are looking for. If your new custom fields are
    50000, 50001 & 50002 for example
    simple add these same fields to the posted tables with same no, name, size & type. They will transfer over.that's it.
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Perfect guys, absolutely perfect.

I feel like I should be paying a subscription fee for all this help. I wish I could give back in a better way.

You guys rock!

Thanks again

-Adam