Security Filter and CALCFIELDs

kcloh72kcloh72 Member Posts: 5
Hi,
not sure if anyone has encounter this before, but on almost all occasions when I use Security Fitler, I'll face problem with CALCFIELDs statement.
One typical example is when imposing Security Filter on the Salesperson Code field in Sales Header, filtering users down to only handful of records the user can access, when opening the Sales History in the Sales Info. Panel, you'll get a permission error on Sales Header.

The cause of the problem is actually on the CALCFIELDS. i.e. if you do not have access to all records on the table in concern, the CALCFIELDS will give a runtime error.

I face the same problem even if there are no records in the table!!!

Maybe if someone has faced the same problem, and has a walk-around resolution to it, appreciate it.

Thanks.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no workaround. You need to set correct Security filters to all tables and the Flowfilters over allt ables calulating values from the restricted table to not include any other records than permitted... It means, if you restrict access to just some e.g. G/L Accounts, you need to apply same restrictions to all G/L Account filter fields, Account Filter field etc... and it is why the Security filters are not havilly used.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.