Object sizes different between two databases

MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
Weird one here if anyone has ideas? feel free to skip the background section and skip right to the issue:

=========================
Background
We have Navision 5 executables running on a 3.60 database on SQL 2005.

We have a test environment and a live environment. Both were restored from the same back up.

Normal procedure is to modify objects in test, and import them into live when ready.

Periodically we backup a company in our Live and restore into Test.
=========================
Issue:

Recently a lot of the objects in Live are smaller than in Test. There are tables and forms but mostly reports. For this reason a backup of data from live into test will no longer restore into test!!!

If I compile the live object it returns to the normal size!!!

No functionality has been lost and no other problems have been seen. This is solely a problem with backup and restore.

The objects with this problem are standard as well as customised, so its not connected to customisations.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Don't worry about it.
    The size of an object is something that can change by just compiling it even if you didn't change the object.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    Alas i have to worry as it gets in the way of my back ups and restores.

These objects were never compiled or even designed to look at their code. They just changed size all on their own it seems.
    Mauddib wrote:
    Alas i have to worry as it gets in the way of my back ups and restores.

These objects were never compiled or even designed to look at their code. They just changed size all on their own it seems.
    What kind of backup do you take? A Navision- or a SQL-backup?
    Fastest would be a SQL-backup.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• MauddibMauddib Member Posts: 269
    We take both. For security we take SQL backups. No problem there.

Its for our test environment we take Navision backups. We periodically take one of the companies out of our Live system and restore it into our test system to bring that company up to date.

Its this restore thats failing based on the recent unusual change in size of our live objects.
    Mauddib wrote:
    Its this restore thats failing based on the recent unusual change in size of our live objects.
    And which error does it give?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion