Invoice Report printing Issue

shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
Hi,

I am facing an issue in sales invoice report,. i am putting vertical lines in the report. However these lines are displaying only till the no: of items in the body. I want these line to be displayed till the bottom, even if at all no items are there in the body .

Currently my report is printing like this :-

Name | Rate| Qty |Amount |
Bicycle | 100 | 2 | 200 |
Tyre | 30 | 4 | 120 |

Total 320
===========================================

I want 20 items to be accomodated in a page. Incase my invoice is having only 2 items, i want the lines to be printed till the bopttom even after two item. Currently I have placed the toltal and footer line with a property "PlaceInBottom". But the lines are not printing till the footer.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Better is to forget something like "at the bottom of page". You will save time and money. It is possible, but if not done correctly, you can have problems. Do not forget that each printer can print it differently (different margins) etc. You can use some counter in each printed section, which will count how many lines you printed on the page and after that you will have some dataitem which will "print" emptry line to fill the page, but it will be just "estimated" count of lines with different result on different printer.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi,

I think "place in bottom" properties of footer section works properly, but
    work properly when we have only 1 footer section for current dataitem, and this is only footer on whole raport that has "place in bottom"=YES.
  • shibilyshibily Member Posts: 89
    kine wrote:
    Better is to forget something like "at the bottom of page". You will save time and money. It is possible, but if not done correctly, you can have problems. Do not forget that each printer can print it differently (different margins) etc. You can use some counter in each printed section, which will count how many lines you printed on the page and after that you will have some dataitem which will "print" emptry line to fill the page, but it will be just "estimated" count of lines with different result on different printer.

Hi,
    I managed to solve this issue :D

In order to achieve this functionality, you need to implement a "Filler" or "Dummy" element to print the vertical lines in your report.

You need to determine how many lines do fit in the fixed layout per page, then once the last "Item" line is printed, you need to ensure that the "Dummy" or "Filler" element is printed X number of times to fill out the vertical lines.

Thank you all for your support.

Shibily