aged debtors reports parameters

zacin_czacin_c Member Posts: 9
is it possible to run an aged debtors report to a cutoff point, so that any items which affect the sales ledger figures like cash, invoices, journals etc. posted in later months are not included?

on the previous accounts package we used, if date for an aged debtors report was set to 31.01.2008, then you'd get a report with everything posted up to that point - any cash posted in Feb to clear invoices in Jan and before, would not appear, and pre 31.01.2008 items cleared after 31.01.2008 would still show up in the report.

I'm looking in receivables > reports > aged accounts receivable.

thanks

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yep

If you aged as of 31/01/08 and chose by posting date this would exclude any transactions after 31/01/08, so if I had an invoice on 01/01/08 that was paid on 01/02/08 it would show as due if I selected to show the details.

The two critical parts are obviously the aged of date, and then how you age. If you age by due date on 31/01/08 and are looking for a January invoice on 30 days it will not appear!

You probably need to try it with a simple customer and example to understand what it is doing rather than looking at a 50 page report :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • zacin_czacin_c Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Adam, quick response as usual... :)

That was how I was running it, but it didn't work. The 'aged as of' date was set to 31.01.2008, but as February progressed, the total in the 'current' column was getting bigger and bigger!

I even set the work date to 31.01.2008 but got the same result.

What I have just done however, is on the customer tab, set a field to 'last date modified' to <31.01.2008, and the figures which came out seemed a bit more feasable... I presume that 'last date modified' means exactly that...
    Hi

The customer tab looks at the customer record, the last date modified relates to when the customer record was last modified, it will have no bearing on the transactions in the aged debt I am afraid as these are referenced on the customer ledger entry table.

Well it is the same as the statement I suppose, is it report 120? Has it been modified?

I recommend having a look at one customer, a recent one with not too many transactions, run it for 31/01/08 with the details selected so you can see every transaction, then reference this back on the customer card to see what is missing and what you feel is on the report that should not be to give you a starting point for what is going wrong. I would age by posting date to ensure you easily see this.

I resume on the customer ledger entries the remaining amounts are 0, so you are actually applying payments to invoices? Otherwise it will list everything as everything is open :D
  • zacin_czacin_c Member Posts: 9
    No it doesn't work. It still prints off the post 31.01.2008 items, and every time I print it off the figures are different. I presume this means that whenever any items are posted to the sales ledger, it's picked up.

And yes, that report also appears to have been modified :evil:

Is there a way of leaving the modified report as it is, but creating a new original/standard/generic Navision aged debtors report?

cheers :wink:
    Hi

Sorry been on holiday :D

You would need to save the modified report as a new numbered object, assuming you want to keep it, and get your partner to send you the standard object number for the GB on the version you are on. This report has altered in recent versions, and I am not sure which one you are on, would not like to make matters worse!!