About Manufacturing

AlkroAlkro Member Posts: 115
Manufacturing questions:

Case 1:

An Operator has created a Released Production Order. He register a Consumption of 30 Kg of Item 1 but is wrong because really consumption must be 20 Kg. What is procedure to readjust this consumption to 20 Kg. (With correct costs and Inventory).?

Case 2:

An Operator has created a Released Production Order. He register an Output of 50 Kg of Item 1 but in a line in "Run Time" he write 1000 minutes when correct value must be 100 minutes. He register. Total Cost is bigger. What is procedure to readjust "Run Time" and "Total Cost" for this??

What's happened if the consumption is wrong completly and i have to delete all the consumption? Is possible correct to 0 value this entry (Value and Item Ledger)?

Is there any standar method in Navision to solve this problem??

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    In the production journal report a negative amount.

With regards to costing this does depend upon if you are average costed and the time difference between error and correction, so no guarantees!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • AlkroAlkro Member Posts: 115
    i Don't understnad anything :-k
    How and when, using the software, are you reporting time and consumption?

What costing method is in use?

Is the question generic without reference to the software?
    Costing Method: FIFO.

Using software.

We have many errors when operators register in Output Journal and Consumption Journal, but i don't know how to solve those situations in Navision.
    From the released production order you have a production journal, this is a combination of the output journal and consumption journal and is easy to use. You can use this to correct entries, not sure why you are using the separate forms for processing.

With regards to correcting the errors you need to post a negative amount in the journal. I would get the users making the errors to make the corrections, they may then make less errors :D
    The problem is Reporting.

Then in the P.O. shows a wrong consumption.

I need delete this mistake but i think is out of Navision Standard :(.

And built a process that put to 0 all values in Item Ledger Entry and Value Entry?? Complicated...
  • maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Alkro wrote:
    Manufacturing questions:

Case 1:

An Operator has created a Released Production Order. He register a Consumption of 30 Kg of Item 1 but is wrong because really consumption must be 20 Kg. What is procedure to readjust this consumption to 20 Kg. (With correct costs and Inventory).?

Case 2:

An Operator has created a Released Production Order. He register an Output of 50 Kg of Item 1 but in a line in "Run Time" he write 1000 minutes when correct value must be 100 minutes. He register. Total Cost is bigger. What is procedure to readjust "Run Time" and "Total Cost" for this??

"I assumed that order is not finished"
    Case :1 Post a -10kg entry from consumption journal for particular production order. Inventory will be handled.
    when u convert this to finished order, costing will be handled. to be sure more abt costing run Manufacturing->costing->update unit cost & specify order no. problem is solved

Case :2 Im not sure abt Run Time but for Costing u can use revaluation journal for ledger entries generated by that order. :-k
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
    Alkro wrote:
    The problem is Reporting.

Then in the P.O. shows a wrong consumption.

I need delete this mistake but i think is out of Navision Standard :(.

And built a process that put to 0 all values in Item Ledger Entry and Value Entry?? Complicated...

Not sure why you think it would report the wrong consumption, if you mistakenly consume 10 and then consume -10 you have consumed zero with a full audit trail. If you start writing zeroising programs what happens if they then forget to consume after setting the mistake to zero, the system has stock you do not. Going this way you will open up many more problems than you currently have in my opinion!!