Amount Rounding

SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
Hi,

I have a Question about rounding in NAV 4 sp3...example is When Im try to purchase the Item, the Amount is rounded.

Example is:

Item = 923.22 and iapply a 12% VAT in it...but when I tried to check the Amount in GL entry..It rounded to Nearest.

But I want to achieve no rounding in any amount...like my example above...the 12% of 923.22 is 110.7864, But when I check it rounded to

110.79....did my Setup is wrong.....Hoping for your reply. :D

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Look at G/L Setup - field "Amount Rounding Precision" and "Rounding VAT (LCY)"
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Hi sir,

I tried to setup the rounding precision..but still it rounded the amount, but when I check the code...there's a function ROUND that's why it keeps on rounding, It is safe to modified the code, and remove the ROUND, function...or there's is a bad effect?..Hoping for your reply...ty :D
    There is bad effect! You need to have some rounding, else you will have inconsistency in the amounts. Do not forget that computers has limited precision for the decimals and it means that some number, calculated in some way (by percentage etc.) can be different from another number (e.g. difference lesser than 0,000000001) and it will lead to small but existing inconsistency and thus impossible postings etc... Just set rounding to some value like 0,000001. But still, why you need to disable roundings?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Because they encoding the transaction to NAV ,the data is from previous system, and they saw some diffrence in rounding of transaction amount in NAV..and they want to the exact amount from their previous system to NAV....
    Than just add some internal document posting which will internally post the difference. But I never saw upgrade which will have no difference after moving the data into NAV (or may be there were such upgrades, but from another NAV... :-)).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks very much for your Advise and Suggestion, sir. :D