Posting Discounts When Using Sales Prices

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm seeking some advice on the best way to approach what I think will be a bespoke customisation. As we know using standard Navision you can configure the sales & receivables module to post sales line discounts given (i.e. 5%, 10% off Item unit price) to a separate G/L account by specifying the account code in the general posting setup. However this only works for sales line discounts, not special sales prices. For example if the Item card "Unit Price" is 10.00 and the customer has a sales price for the item as 9.00, when the order is invoiced I want 10.00 to go to the sales account and 1.00 to go to the sales discounts account.

I'm thinking this is basically a bespoke mod to CodeUnit 80 but I'm open to suggestions if anybody has experience doing something similar.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Why a mod? If the one extra dollar is a discount, just use the set discount.

There's a field called Line Discount Amount, you can use this field to specify the amount of the discount instead of a percentage.
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    As far as all order screens, order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices, credit memos etc are concerned, the "Unit Price" needs to display the customer's agreed price.

Entering a value in "Line Discount Amount" simply calculates a discount off the whole line value, and would mean the "Unit Price" would have to show the list price, not the customer's agreed price.

Yes I could go through and modify all the objects to show a new field to represent the customer price, then add code to handle editing this price. I think I'd rather just add some posting code in CU80 - one object to modify.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jonathan