Service Management - Unable to delete Contract Header

sennasenna Member Posts: 44
Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has come across a problem in NAV3.70 that i've recently discovered.
In Service Management - Contracts i have come across instances of not being able to delete the Contract Header. This is where the User is a Super user (so rules out any permission issues) and the customer has granules on their licence which in my mind would be sufficient enough to delete a contract header (in particular 5931) :

5911 Service Order Management
5921 Service Item Management
5931 Service Contract Management
5941 Planning and Despatching

The message that appears is "You do not have permission to modify the Service Ledger Entry Table. Please contact your System manager if you need to have permissions changed"

As it can't be permissions, i was wondering whether anyone had seen this before on Nav versions 3.70 possibly 3.60.

Thought it might be worth a shout here before I call on Microsoft :-k

Thanks!
:mrgreen:

Comments

• Ian_Piddington10199Ian_Piddington10199 Member Posts: 167
    IIRC(and its been a while since I used Service Management) to be able to delete a Service Contract you have to have no ledger entries in an open fiscal year.

On one of the contracts that won't delete check the service ledger entries and see if this is the case.

If the Contract is no longer vaild you should update its status to Cancelled this will stop the contact being used further.

regards

Ian
    Regards

Ian