Error In Item Journal

SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
Hi,

I encounter a Error message, when i transact the Item using ITEM JOURNAL, this the Error message:

The General Posting Setup does not Exist.

Identification Fields and values:

Gen. Bus. Posting Group='',Gen. Product Posting Group='PC'

But when I use the same Item and transact them in Purchase and Sales,I can post the transaction,but when I transact the same item in Item Journal that error appear.

Did I miss some setup? Hoping for your reply. :D

Answers

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Fill Gen. Bus. Posting Group in item journal.

I have answered to a similar question 5 minutes ago :mrgreen:
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    ok..It post!! :D

But from what records the Gen.Bus.Posting? my Item has a setup ofGen. Bus. Posting...is there a way to automatically fill that field..or Ill choose the Ge. Bus Posting..every I use the ITEM JOURNAL?.hoping for you reply.. :D
  • VijaykumarVijaykumar Member Posts: 36
    you have to create a line in the Gen. Posting Setup with Gen. Bus. Posting as '' and Gen. Prod. Posting as 'PC' then the error would not appear while posting through item journal
    The man who can own up to his error is greater than he who merely knows how to avoid making it.
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Hi,

The thing is, if you transact using item journal, the program will look to post to 'Inventory Adjmt. Account' in the General Posting Setup for the combination of Gen. Bus. Posting Group '' (BLANK) and Gen. Prod. Posting Group of the Item of interest, unless you specify the Gen. Bus. Posting Group manually (Because Item Journal does not have any Vendor / Customer that the line can take Gen. Bus. Posting Group from)

So the question is pretty much which G/L Account you want to hit with the transaction.

And to my experience, most of these posting setups are done, unless there's new Item, etc. So it may worth to check on the Account person, before manually adding Gen. Bus. Posting Group in the Item Journal line.

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
    Thanks, now I understand...Thank you very much. :D