Style Sheet

Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
Dear Everyone,

I'm trying to know what is the benefits for me or my clients from the style sheet or even if anyone could tell me what is the purpose of it because I heard and read actually that it is for partners only.

Thanks for all of your efforts to make this site to be the best.

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Basically, NAV allows data to be exported in XML format which can then be transformed by an XSLT or stylesheet and opened in an application such as Word or Excel. This can now be done from any NAV 5 form using the Export To... buttons

The benefits are that data from NAV can be presented in an external application in a differing formats.

For an example, look at a version 5 Cronus database and click the Export to Word button whilst you have a Sales Order open.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    "It is for a partners" - i means, that the templates for the users are defined mainly by partners, but not that the functionality is just for partners... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    You can make new stylesheets.... but when you want to import it to client database.. an error message appears tells that they don't have permission to read some stylesheet tool tables.

How we can solve this problem
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    It means you do not have permissions in your license. If you are partner, let Microsoft update your license for usage with NAV 5.0, if you are end-user, you need to let partner update the license if you are paying maintenance fees.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
    Dear Everyone,

Thank you all for your replies, But do you mean it just need only a license update in order to make the client able to read the style sheet that the partner make? that's it?
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Dear All,

The StyleSheet Tool has these ranges.
    Table >>>> 680 - 685
    Form >>>> 680 - 687
    Report >>> 680
    CodeUnit >> 680 - 682

Do u think.... these ranges can be assinge to clients license.
    I don't think so.

How we can slove the license problem?
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
    You need to have NAV 5.0 license...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.