Dynamics NAV Replication on the Server

abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
Dear All,

I have installed NAV on Server in UK. and the clients in MiddleEast. The clients are connected though Citrix. But we encounter some slow problems.

There is an idea in my mind.... Can I work in NAV locally then send all the data to UK server in one click. (It's called Replication).

Please advice
Ahmad Bani Naser
Dynamics NAV Developer

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    thats possible with replication on SQL Server and the return with SSIS Packadges or also replication, but why :?:

Transfer all datas from server to all clients (better to an other server where client connection) spend a lot of time. An if you network connection is lost, you customer work on old datas.
    You must also create the return path. I mean, transfer the changes on the client back to the server. an whats with the Ledger Entries or posted documents? There i see problems comming because every client has the same no Series and creates the Ledger Entries forward. But when transfering the datas back from the client(s) to the server which Ledger Entrie No wins?

So, the first question is -> whats are your problems with citrix?

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Thanks,

You know about the Internet Cable which provide MiddleEast with Internet.it's dameaged. So the internet in middleEast is so slow. My clients use Citrix to connect to UK server. and they told me that NAV is so slow.

I just want a solution to solve the slow problem.

Please give me the Idel solution.
    Thanks and best regards
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    but with replication, you use the same cable :-(

To make citrix faster, you can change (temporary while the cable is damaged) the resolution on citrix publishion, change the colours and the compression rate. But more ???

I see a lot of problems comming up when you will fix the problem fast with using replication (see first post).

Do you have other options to connect to the server without using the cable? Like satelite connections (ok expensive) or backup the Serverdatabase restore it on an server by the customer.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • abnainasabnainas Member Posts: 174
    Thanks,

You know.... the best solution is to tack a backup from UK server then work locally. When he finish he restore it back to UK server.

I'm realy apprissiate your help.

Best Regards,
    Ahmad Bani Naser
    Dynamics NAV Developer
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can also take a look at LS Retail Replication that they have created. It works out nice.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n