w1 5.0 fin.exe and local databases

jbeemsterjbeemster Member Posts: 17
Hi,
In my company we support 10 different navision databases. They run local in 10 differtent countries. Versions used: 3.6/3.70/4.0. Is it possible to use one client (for example W1 5.0 fin.exe) and start the differerent databases with it. Than I am able to install just one client on a terminal-server for testing new functionality.
And if the answer is Yes: Is it possible that the countries use their own language (For example Polish/Ukraine/Brazil)?

Jeroen Beemster

Comments

• Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    You may convert every database to upper version and use them all with 5.0 client, but:
    1) 5.0 is not available for most countries (Like Ukrainia, Romania and so on) - check out partnersource for available language localizations.
    2) After converting database all the users won't be able to use old version of client.
    So everything is up to You and depends on Your needs.
    Br,
    Igor Beeone
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Even if it is possible, which it is not since you cannot open the databases with an old version, it is not recommended. (By me.)

Every client version has it's own habbits and in a testing scenario you want to test those to.

What you can do is select one version which is valid in all countries. (4.0) and use this runtime for both test and production systems.
  • jbeemsterjbeemster Member Posts: 17
    Ok, Thats clear. New question: Microsoft Says there is No official Brazilian version. But we've got a 3.70 localisation. Under Help->About, the information says "Version BR (3.70)" I can't find one on the mibuso download section. Is this the W1 version 3.70 fin.exe? And under the language I've got "Portugese (Brazil)" Is this the official translation? And if i want all the companies to run Under Vista I've got a problem. How to solve that?
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    1) Have looked up on Partnersource - there are Protugese Language Module for Nav 4.0 SP3 version, but no Brazil Localization. (Haven't found BR,PT for 3.X versions?!?)
    You should better contact Microsoft support for information on Brazilian authorization.
    2) Here is info from Waldo "running Nav on Vista" Link
    Br,
    Igor Beeone