Excel Automation and AutoFilter

alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
Hello,
A client needs the Chinese translation of all CRM contacts. Because the database is on an English server they can not change regional and language options.

As a workaround we decided to integrate an Excel file showing the Contact No. and then alle fields (Name, Address, ...) with Chinese characters.

I tried to develop a function which can be run from contact card. The function should open the (existing) excel file and set an AutoFilter on the current contact no. Now I have the following code:

XlApp.Workbooks.Open(Filename);
XlWorkbook := XlApp.ActiveWorkbook;
xlWorksheet := xlWorkbook.ActiveSheet;
xlWorksheet.Range('D13:E34').Autofilter;

The AutoFilter is set, but I need to select the current record. Looking at Excel Macro it should be done as follows:

ActiveSheet.Range('D13:E34').AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="10001"

But I can not transform "Field:= 1, Criteria1:="10001" to C/AL code. Has anyone tried this before?

Regards,
Felix

Comments

• richtsangrichtsang Member Posts: 41
    why not you use chinese terminal to show chinese character and copy to excel?
    Because the database is on an English server they can not change regional and language options.

actually, chinese can be shown in chinese terminal even you are using english server. Try to use 1252 54.

my client is using German, English and Chinese. In china, they are using english and chinese only. SO, if the terminal can recognise chinese, it will shown chinese even in SQL, it does not show chinese.

Richard