vinothvinoth Member Posts: 39
Hi!!!

Anybody can tell me how to import and export the XBRL

thanks
Vinoth

Comments

• philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    Steps to import a taxonomy
    1/ Import a taxonomy from an official site, you can for instance find an IFRS 2.00 one which works with Navision here : http://www.xbrl.org/taxonomy/int/fr/ifrs/ci/2003-07-15/.
    2/ In XBRL Taxonomies form (in Navision) insert a new line, then click on the Assist-Edit on targetNameSpace field, you should open an xsd file.
    3/ Open the XBRL Schemas form, insert a line and choose Import (you import the same xsd file you opened on previous step)
    4/ Open the LinkBases form and insert 4 lines with the right Types (Presentation, Label, Calculation and Reference), for each of those lines you should have a corresponding xml file, so for each one import the right xml file.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • dlerouxdleroux Member Posts: 87
    We have a client who now feels the need for an SEC XBRL filing. From what we can see it looks like NAV 2009 comes with a version of the IAS taxonomy installed, but it looks like we need the "US-GAAP standard".

Now just to practice getting the taxonomy installed etc, I tried the procedure outlined above, but had to rename the first file as the website identified it as a .xsd, but what actually showed up on my drive was a .xml file. It also auto-installed the references linkbase, but not the others So, on to my question:

The US-GAAP taxonomy is huge compared to the IAS version, but how can I tell which particular files I actually need? Their names are not quite so human-friendly as the IAS files were. Is there a reference somewhere that will help me to understand what the filenames and the subdirectories mean as I'm currently flying blind in MEGO territory? I'm working on the assumption that once we identify the specific filing needs of the client (for example - it is not a mutual fund), that we will only be using a subset of this monster.

Thanks