Business Notification

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
I am testing the notification feature. I have installed and setup the BN, Create and Complete a scheme for PO to be received. And tried to start the scheme but gives me the error

"The program cannot connect to server 172.16.127.100. the server might run under an account which not longer valid, or the web configuration might be currupted. Please contact your system administrator."

What might be the problem ](*,)
Navision noob....

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Ok got the error. Server role for the user in the SQL security is not set.

But then I generated transaction and send through navision, Got a message 1 line is sent. But the recipient does not receive any mail. Any idea why?
    Navision noob....
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you using some fixed mail, external mail or the "channel" where user must subscribe the mail channel?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I have installed SMTP server in my Virtual Machine that is connected to the internet (the sender). And in my local machine I am connected to a exchange server (Recipient).
    Navision noob....
    Ok, I will ask in another way: How did you set the BN Template? To which addresses is the mail sent? To some fixed (entered in the template), to address from the data from NAV (some field included in the XML), or just to everyone, who subscribe the event on the BN Web page?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    Ok, I will ask in another way: How did you set the BN Template? To which addresses is the mail sent? To some fixed (entered in the template), to address from the data from NAV (some field included in the XML), or just to everyone, who subscribe the event on the BN Web page?

- I use the "New from template".
    - To my company email address. I place it on the External Recipients.
    - I only included 1 field. the No. field of the Purchase Order.
    - Do I have to subscribe in the BN webpage even I dont have any internal recipient?
    Navision noob....
    No, you do not need to subscribe it if you are using just external addresses.

Check event logs if there are some info about possible problems, check Notification services on MS SQL.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.