User "Nameless"...?

KenTKenT Member Posts: 14
An unknown user under the name "Nameless" has appeared in our Navision sessions, resulting into maxed out sessions in our license.

I don't recall adding or seeing this user. Does anyone have an idea how to effectively track down this user and kick this user out of our sessions?

Thanks in advance!
New to NAV. Please don't eat me. I prolly taste funny.

Comments

• punossoundpunossound Member Posts: 35
    Suggestions

1. Delete the user in the database login, so that it cannot connect anymore.
    2. To have a NAS running or scheduled in the MS Scheduler, have a code inside navision to check the sessions and delete the undesired user. :lol:
    ma
  • KenTKenT Member Posts: 14
    punossound wrote:
    Suggestions

1. Delete the user in the database login, so that it cannot connect anymore.
    2. To have a NAS running or scheduled in the MS Scheduler, have a code inside navision to check the sessions and delete the undesired user. :lol:
    Thank you for the swift reply!

I have already considered removing the session, especially since it is keeping our people from work. What especially bothers me is where this user is coming from?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This user is in NAV in situation, when somebody is opening the database, and NAV is waiting for login data (User name and password). During that the client is connected as "Nameless" because NAV do not know the name yet...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KenTKenT Member Posts: 14
    kine wrote:
    This user is in NAV in situation, when somebody is opening the database, and NAV is waiting for login data (User name and password). During that the client is connected as "Nameless" because NAV do not know the name yet...
    Ah, I see. Makes sense, thanks for the reply!

I tried simulating this with the help of another user, but I couldn't seem to fight the right timing to check the sessions in Navision. Any more specific info on this? When exactly does this happen?

When the user filled out the password, selected a server and database, but not yet user? At that exact point?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Open the fin.exe, connect to the database and company, open the session table
    2) Open the fin.exe once again (second instance, on same PC or another one), connect to the database, open the company
    3) Close the database (File-Database-Open)
    4) Open the database through the "Recent..." list (File - 1).
    5) It will open the Login dialog
    6) Switch into second client, refresh the session list, you will see one session for unknown user.

Preconditions - you need to use Native DB server and Database login.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.