Inventory

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
Can anyone explain how to assign lot no./serial no. against an item which has opening stock? At the time of implementation there was no such requirement but now they want to this.

Looking for help

Comments

• punossoundpunossound Member Posts: 35
    U mean to say the item have already inventory? But what you want now is to implement the item tracking for the item?

- If the item has already inventory, you cannot just put item tracking to it anymore. What you will do is to create another item with item tracking for that item, then transfer its inventory to the new created item.
    ma
  • errorhandlererrorhandler Member Posts: 22
    why not, using the item journal, remove the current stock, and enter the stock again with item tracking infomation.

It saves you the creation of new items...
    I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.
    edited 2008-02-07
    why not, using the item journal, remove the current stock, and enter the stock again with item tracking infomation.

Im afraid you cannot, once that the certain item has already item ledger entries you cannot specify item tracking code anymore.
    ma
  • DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
    How to transfer the inventory?
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You cannot transfer the inventory. Negative adjust the old item to zero. Then do a positive adjustment to bring in the new item.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    bbrown wrote:
    You cannot transfer the inventory. Negative adjust the old item to zero. Then do a positive adjustment to bring in the new item.

In addition, you can do it in the Item Journal. Under Warehouse > Inventory.
    ma
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    punossound wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

Are you saying there is another way to enter inventory adjustments? The Item Journal is the only way I can think of.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    bbrown wrote:
    punossound wrote:
    bbrown wrote:

Are you saying there is another way to enter inventory adjustments? The Item Journal is the only way I can think of.

No, I just want to tell him the path in case. :mrgreen:
    ma
    Can i do it with Item reclassfication journal? Wht is the difference between Item Journal and Item Reclassification journal?
  • AlkroAlkro Member Posts: 115
    i solved it:

Negative Adj to all the inventory in Item Journal.

With a Dataport, import Item Tracking Code. (Item - Item Tracking Code)

Positive Adj with Lot No. ;)

Regards
    Do I have to run the batch job also? If yes, then which batch job.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Involve a experienced functional conusltant before you do anything with these adjustment.

The batch jobs are "Adjust Item-cost" and "Post Cost to G/L" in case automatic posting is not marked true on the inventory setup.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Can i do it with Item reclassfication journal? Wht is the difference between Item Journal and Item Reclassification journal?

Reclassification journal is used for movement of items from bin to another bin, this give you warehouse entries but not item ledger entries and value entries.
    ma