Add Extra Info to Item Ledger Entry

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
Hi all

I would like to add few extra fields and fill them with sales invoice/creditmemo when they are posted.

I searched the Code Unit Sales Post Code Unit (80) and couldn't find a place add my code.

Can some one guide me on the right direction with few lines of code.

The fields are already created and information is captured at Sales Order and Credit Memo level.

We just "Ship & Invoice" from the Orders form

Thank you

Maluwa
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Hi Maluwa,

The Sales Post Codeunit will create a Item Jnl Line for inventory posting and then use the Item Jnl Line Post routine.

Have a look there.

T
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    Thanks Tony for the reply.

I actually forgot to mention that these fields to added to Item Ledger Entry table.
    Will Item Journal Post will create a Item Legder Entry ?

Thanks again
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is like this post : http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23272.
    But replace G/L Journal and G/L Entry with Item Journal and Item Ledger Entry.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    There is one alternative to some of the ideas proposed here. As adding custom fields to some of the journal and ledger tables is very common there is a coduenit in Navision to help manage this. Transfer Custom Fields (Codeunit 10201) has functions like GenJnlLineToGenLedgEntry and ItemJnlLineToItemLedgEntry which initially are empty but you can place code here to copy your custom fields across.

So all you would have to do to add any custom fields to the Item Jnl. Line Table and Item Ledger Entry Table and then update the ItemJnlLineToItemLedgEntry function with code to copy your fields. Should be a cake walk.

The one problem is that this appears to be in a regional object number range, so it may not be in all databases (but it seems like such an obvious task that any region would require).
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com