reservations for lottracked items gone wrong in picking

errorhandlererrorhandler Member Posts: 22
Flow for a customer in FOOD & BEVERAGES:
Lottracked items are already in stock with Expiration date X.
A customer wants the same item but from another lot with an expiration date Y, further away in the future.

functionally:
On a salesOrder i reserve against a PurchaseOrder (PO) that was especially created for this SalesOrder. When creating the picking lines, NAV picks from existing stock instead of the specially purchased and reserved quantities.

Flow used:
- create a SalesOrder using PurchasingCode 'Special Order'
- cancel any automatically created reservations against existing stock
- get lines in Req Worksheet + accept planning messages + autoreserve orderlines
- on SalesOrder: lines are reserved against the new PO (shown in red)
- receive and Put away PO
- on SalesOrder: lines are reserved against the correct Item Ledger entries
- create Warehouseshipment for the SalesOrder + create pick
- pick lines take existing stock instead of the reservation entries on the Sales Order ](*,)

the FEFO option is used on the warehouse location beacuse the picker is guided by a scanner: the pick line MUST have a LOTnr. Letting the picker choose is not an option!

Could Croos docking solve this for me?
DOn't say i must manually enter the item Tracking info on my salesordelines. :evil:
I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.

Comments

• errorhandlererrorhandler Member Posts: 22
    anyone?
  • DarkSideDarkSide Member Posts: 46
    Just curious, did you try making the PO without using special order? I'm not saying it should make a difference but if you're reserving against the PO it's like associating the PO to the sales order twice.

I'm curious to see how this turns out because I have a couple of project coming up in the next 3 - 6 months that are very similar to this (food and lot control).

If you haven't found a solution let me know and I will suggest a few things.
    My mommy says I'm special
  • errorhandlererrorhandler Member Posts: 22
    @DarkSide

i started off not using a special order, and that didn't do the trick. So i ended up using the Special order, without the desired outcome either

I'm digging into cross-docking now...

i'l keep you posted if you wish.
  • DarkSideDarkSide Member Posts: 46
    What I have done in the past is something a little more down to earth.

Most companies have an area in the warehouse for special orders, QC, things like that. For companies using WMS with directed pick/put-away zones are used to identify the bins in these special areas. A note on the PO tells the warehouse this is a special order. The product is received and put into the speical order zone. Now for the customization... It's fairly easy to modify the create pick code to set a range or filter on the zones of the warehouse. Set it up so that when a pick is created it normally ignores zones like speical order, QC, etc. Also set it up so that you can specify a specific zone or zones when you create a pick. So, when the order is ready to ship, specify the special order zone so the pick will be created from the bins in that zone...thus using the correct product.

In my experience this is more effective because the warehouse employees expect the special order pick ticket to draw inventory from the special order zone. If the pick uses other bins, they know to question it. This is my experience anyway.

Good Luck.
    My mommy says I'm special