Sales Tax Problem Calculation on Purchase

matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
Hello everyone,
i hope you can help me in this big problem we have. Navision is calculating wrong the GL entries for purchase invoices. We are using Navision 4.03.
If we have an order with 2 lines, suppouse the first one should calculate taxes and the second one is nontaxable.
Navision calculates taxes to the second one and not for the first one. But It works fine if we have only one line. Any idea?

Thanks for ur time![/list]

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Check it again with 2 lines but different item or gl lines with different amount. I have check mine and it works. But the posted vat entries are inverted (the 1st in the invoice is the last and the last is first).
    Navision noob....
  • matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
    NaviDev wrote:
    Check it again with 2 lines but different item or gl lines with different amount. I have check mine and it works. But the posted vat entries are inverted (the 1st in the invoice is the last and the last is first).

Sorry!.. May be I should give a better example.. let's suppouse that we have a purchase invoice with two lines

the first one is $100 amount excl. VAT with 10% of Tax so Amount=$110

the second one is $1 amount without any taxes so Amount = $1

both lines affect the account 79300-30

When Navision creates the entries for the account 79300-30 it creates

for the first line $100 and for the second one $1.1

which is totally wrong! because any how it inverts the taxes
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So if you zoom on the second line what is the VAT Product Posting Type?

Then what is the % set in the combinatoin of this posting group and the Business posting group (you should see this on the line as well.)

Also where is the tax on the 100 posted? Is it?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • matias_jaurematias_jaure Member Posts: 157
    AdamRoue wrote:
    So if you zoom on the second line what is the VAT Product Posting Type?

Then what is the % set in the combinatoin of this posting group and the Business posting group (you should see this on the line as well.)

Also where is the tax on the 100 posted? Is it?

We are using taxes from US...

In the first line we have Tax Group Code = EXPENSE that combinated that should be combined with the percenteges belonging to the state, county and city... in this case, let's pretend 10%
    and in the second one Tax Group Code = NONTAXABLE which has 0% in all cases
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It does not really matter where you are, the principles are generally the same!
    So your expense one is creating 10% and nontaxable 0%, but on the posting of the invoice the 10% becomes 0% and 0% becomes 10% is that what you are saying? Or in fact is the sale going to the GL account and tax to a separate account for the 10% but on the 0% it is assing 10% to the sale and posting it all to the sales account?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen