Finding records

ASTAST Member Posts: 108
Hello,
I have a form (list) base on Vendor Ledger Entry and additional textBox where Source = Vendor.Name.

Is it any possiblity to use Find (Ctrl + F) for vendor name? or any ather way to do job like field filetr or Find.?

Comments

• TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Hi AST,

Because the value in the field is calculated (Found) at RunTime you cannot actual filter or find on the field itself.

There is an ugly solution using, you can create a new variable and add it as a field on the form (Above the tablebox).

On after validate you would filter "Name" on the a Vendor recordset with the value from the filter and the filter string '*@%1*'.

From there you would have a recordset of Vendor's whose name fits the string entered.

You would then have to run through the whole VLE and either using MARK := True or create form based off a temporary table.

But to be honest I don't think its worth it.

Whats the purpose of searching the VLE table for a Vendor Name? Why can the user not search the Vendor card first then click Ctrl+F5?

(By the way thats not a statement I am interested, if we know the need we may be able to suggest a better solution)
  • ASTAST Member Posts: 108
    I generate special file with bank transfer which is generated form Vendor Ledger Entry and then import to e-banking. I created special form based on vendor ledger entry with this functionality. But my client wants to see on the form vendor name (as information) and if he know that should pay Mr. X he wants find that entries just by name.