Create customers with template not possible?

navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
In "Sales & Marketing" it is possible to create a new Contact and then use the Function "Create as Customer" to create a Customer with a specified "customer template". But when I create a Customer "directly" (on the Customers form) it is not possible to apply a template (there are no entries on the "Data Template List").

Do I have to set/change some setup-settings to use this function or is there a better way for creating new customers with default-data?
navvy
Freelance Developer

Answers

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    This is a very different template!

Go to Administration - Appliacation Setup - General - Setup Master Templates.

Define one for the customer table and define any field default value you like etc, then you can apply this template
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
    AdamRoue, thank you for your answer ! :D
    That's exactly what I was looking for :)
    navvy
    Freelance Developer
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    AdamRoue wrote:
    This is a very different template!

Define one for the customer table and define any field default value you like etc, then you can apply this template
    What version is this in, I have 4.0 and it is no where to be found, thought it might be a license issue, so opened the cronus database and didn't find it there either
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Dude that is pretty cool :mrgreen: I guess I should read the "what's new" document more carefully. I see it in a standard 5.0 US database.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yes a 5 addition I believe. I get lost with all the version changes to be honest!

All you need to do now is get them to apply the template, in AX if a template exists and you create a new record it pops up a screen asking for suggestions, here it is a bit more on the users initiative to apply it, and of course you have to build it (you do not in AX, just go to the record and set as template) but it does mean you can define the template to the field level. All good and a step in the right direction at least, just need people to be aware of them! :D

I also need to read the 5.0 document though!!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen