flow fields are not working

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
I create two database and replicate data from 1st to 2nd
it working fine
But the some flowfields from one of the table from 2nd database are not working.
If I create new field in 2nd database it also not working for replicaed fields in that table.
Is this due to replication? / Is there may be any problem in table?
please suggest any soln
](*,)

Comments

• NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Try to check the sumindexfield of the table.
    Navision noob....
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    the sumindex fiels is correct.
    it dosent shows any error.
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    Try to re-type one of fields that you want to flow in master and connected tables.
    Your import/export could change charset or you can have additional spaces in value.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    vyanku wrote:
    If I create new field in 2nd database it also not working for replicaed fields in that table.
    Is this due to replication?

You want to say that you are "replicating" data between two NAV databases? Of course that this is source of your problems if you are doing that. It will not update SIFT tables and it is why you do not see the values transfered by replication! It is not easy to setup correctly the replication if possible at all.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    You want to say that you are "replicating" data between two NAV databases? Of course that this is source of your problems if you are doing that. It will not update SIFT tables and it is why you do not see the values transfered by replication! It is not easy to setup correctly the replication if possible at all.

Yes Kine I have two navision databases.
    Is there any other solution so that SIFT tables will be updated after replication.??
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Here an example why the SIFT Tables will not be updated.

You transfer for example the Item Ledger Entry table per replication.
    In these Tables are keys with SIFTs. To calcualte the correct Inventory on an Item, the System will not scan the Item LEdger Entry table. No it use an SIFT Tabel, for example CompanyName$32$0 The SIFT table is an table on SQL server an will create when activate / deactivate an key on base table which using SUmIndexFields. So how to restore the SIFTS on the second database.

Transfer also the SIFT Tables but :cry: when u create an new key on Source Database wich creates an new SIFT, these SIFT table is not in the replication and u must modify your replication.

An other option is to switch off the SumIndex in second database and then turn it on. So the SIFT tables will also filled / created. But [-(

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    OK,
    How can we identify that which tables are sift tables and which are not?
    Because at the time of replication only few tables are replicated so how can I identify that which tables are sift tables for thhese tables?
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    go to SQL Manager -> Database -> Tables.

All tables with this "Name" are Sift Tabels which using navision to calculate the SumIndexFields. companyname$NavisionTableNo$Integernumber

Example on Item Ledger Entry. These table has the Navision Table No. 32
    So, on SQL Server exists the following SIFT tables

Company$32$0 ... Company$32$SomeOther Number

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!