sql server data type error on Navision

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I am trying to run navision on sql 2005 server but anytime i try connecting to the server it displays an error message " The session contains Microsoft Business Solutions- Navision filed data type that is not compatible with sql server data type". How can i fix this.

Comments

• Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Do you have any third party applications which access and update tables in your NAV database?
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    No i am only using the Navision Client sql option to access the data in the sql server.
    What version of NAV client/database are you running?
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    Navision 4.0. Where exactly is this session table located?? in the sql server or ??
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This error exists in older NAV versions which are not compatible with MS SQL 2005. If you wan to use SQL 2005, please, upgrade your client at least to NAV 4.00SP3.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ok thanks. Where can i get the SP3 and do i have to upgrade only the client or is it the database itself ??
    You need to upgrade just the client (it will "convert" the database first time you open it with the new client). You do not need to upgrade the application itself (objects).

You can download the new version from PartnerSource if you are partner or ask your partner, if you are end-user.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I believe the earliest version of NAV supported on SQL 2005 is 4.00 Service Pack 1.

If you are running 4.00, this is likely to be the source of your troubles.

Any executable upgrade may be the way to go.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    I am not a member of partnersource. Any other way i can get any of the service pack?
    Thanks
    Are you partner or end-user?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I am end user.. I also have the Navision 5.0 installation. Let me try that i hope i wont the same problem again. The navision 5.0 the xp_ndo_enumuratorsid and xp_ndo_enumuratorgroups are they all using the same xp_ndo.dll or the have different dll file from eachother?
    1) NAV 5.0 will not have this problem
    2) You can use same xp_ndo.dll for all NAV version. Best is to use the latest.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks it worked with Navision 5
  • Tazzy1972Tazzy1972 Member Posts: 18
    Whatever happened to your Navision Partner? You should go to them for assistance.