Nav 5 and Outlook Integration

jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
I'm in the process of setting up a new client with the latest Outlook Integration. In past installations the servers always had Outlook installed and everything went without a problem. At this client they don't have Outlook installed and the installation has had multiple issues. One odd one is the MMC doesn't install correctly.

Can I assume that it's necessary to install Outlook on the server even if I'm running NAS? I poured through all the docs and it talks about having Outlook installed but not specifically on the server.

Jon

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    In 5.0 the synchronisation process is run from the outlook client, so yes, you'll have to install outlook to be able to synch with it.

Makes any sense?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    In regards to NAS MMC you need to read this thread and install the necessary packages.

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hlight=nas
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
    Eric,

I have Outlook installed on the client side but do you know if I need to have Outlook installed on the Server in order to allowing client-side synching?

ara3n, Thanks! I remembered seeing that thread but every search I tried came up blank. I even used some of the keywords in the thread but it never came up.

Jon
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    jknauft wrote:
    Eric,
    I have Outlook installed on the client side but do you know if I need to have Outlook installed on the Server in order to allowing client-side synching?
    No, that should not be necessary ... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    I am having the same error in setting up Outlook with Navision 5. I installed NAS and set the paratmenter OUTSYNCH and NAS services gives message "started".
    But when I try to go into settings of Outlook 2007 and provide the connection the server name, database name and company name and click on Test Connection following error window appeared;
    A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Synchronization Add-in Error Occurred
    The Connection to “” Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Connect Execute: Couldn’t connect or open the database, verified that database exist, servername is correct and connection and database is closed before connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files. Error thrown is : Error Code: 15990787 – Error Message: The other end of the TCP/IP communication line has shut down the connection.
    Try to start session again, or get help from the system manager. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.
    Please verify your synchronization settings. If problem persists contact your system manager if you need assistance.

Please note I am using Navision 5 and outlook 2007 also tried with outlook 2003 even on different operating systems. this erro was on Visa Business.
    Any quick help is appreciated.
  • lwplwp Member Posts: 3
    Hi

The correct NAS startup parameter i OSYNCH.
    Hi Iwp,

Thanks for your reply. I tried as u suggested. I also tried it now on SQL server client. and NAS with parameter OSYNCH. I also installed office 2007 at the SQL server. I am getting following error now;
    The connection to "TESTDatabase" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
    Connection Execute: The Navision CFront initilazation failed, with following error:. Please verify that Cfront.dll/Cfrontsql.dll are available and located in the directory where the application is started. Please verify your synchronization settings.If the problem persists contact your system administrator.

All suggestions and advices are welcome please.

regards
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The OSYNCH just activates the Job Queue. Why is this needed for Outlook Integration?
    I am having following error while trying to Test connection between outlook 2007 and Navision 5 with sp1 SQL 2005 database;

1.The connection to"DATABASE" Microsoft Dynamics NAV databse failed. The program returned the following error:
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV codeunit execution for response Error: User xyz has not been setup to be allowed to run Codeunit 5306 - Outlook Synch. Export Schema.
    Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.

2. I have setup business notification server and able to make a scheme and it has been successfully started as well. Please let me know what is required next?

Please not that user has super role permission and an Application server is running with OSYNCH Start-Up Parameter.

Waiting for your reply folks.

regards,
    Sajid