disabling menu button: "LIST" - (=UpArrow Button)

FOAvbOKIFOAvbOKI Member Posts: 19
HI all,

im having a beginner q about Nav4Sp1: Whenever u run a form or a RequestForm of a Report(in our case filtered), the user could go to the menu buttton "List" and run the Form ID 31, which gives him full control over that Item Form view inluding the power to control the filter. Thats exaclty what i dont want to have. So, how can i achieve to keep him away?

If the solutions goes in to virtual / temp tables, could someone point me in the right directopn?

Many thx in advance!

tom

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Perhaps you could explain what exactly you want.

Your talking about reports & form & lookups (I think)

What filters do you want to lock down?
  • FOAvbOKIFOAvbOKI Member Posts: 19
    Hi, ok, i try to make it simpler:
    we have a report with a requestoptionform. but within the reqoptform the user can stil click on the LIST Button( which looks like the blue up arrow) o tget the full table view, where he could still aplly / disble current filter. but he is not supposed to see some entries. so, how i can i prevent the user to click / to get the full listview?
    i tried it via running a regular form within a report, but with the same result.

any pointer are really appreciated..
    thx tom
    edited 2008-02-04
    Sounds like you want to remove the Lookup function of that field but still have that field on the request form so the user can enter some information like an item # or customer #, etc?.

Is this correct? So If this is the case the User will HAVE TO KNOW the value beforehand and not have the lookup avaialble to assist them.

Correct?
    FOAvbOKI wrote:
    but he is not supposed to see some entries.
    What type of entries are they not supposed to see?

Do you want to remove the Request form where you can type in the options?

You can always set the DataitemTableView property on the report.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Put a filter in property "DataItemTableView" of your dataitem and clear property "ReqFilterFields". This will avoid that the user sees the dataitem-filters.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    Another option is to use Navision Security. You can set a datafilter on his role so that he can never see those records.
    @Navision Security is not possible because we are native

@DataItemtableView, is axaclty what i had in mind, but once the user runs the report, he can use: F7, Ctrl&F7, etc, top manipluate the filter. >>And thats what i exaclty not want to happen!

thx tom
    I'm still not 100% clear on what you want.

Do you want a report with 100% fixed filters that will never change?
    We can reply with guesses all year.
    what i wanted to know is if it is possible to deactivate Navision Client GUI elements like the Buttons in the Top Menu Bar (F7, Ctrl& F7, LIST ). That would be the only way to get closer to my goal.

to get a workaround i alrady created a report in a different system(SSRS).

thx for the input
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    FOAvbOKI wrote:
    @Navision Security is not possible because we are native

@DataItemtableView, is axaclty what i had in mind, but once the user runs the report, he can use: F7, Ctrl&F7, etc, top manipluate the filter. >>And thats what i exaclty not want to happen!

thx tom
    If you do what I say, the user doesn't EVEN see the table, so he CANNOT even see the filters.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!