No one can access newly created table?

adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
NAV 4.0 SP3.

I swear, having a useful implementer would be amazing here.

Anyways, I used the c/side reference book and made a couple adjustments to our Vendor card. I added a boolean field, an option field, and finally a field that lookups data from a new table I created.

Using the ref book and other mods as reference, I completed everything successfully. But after reboot, no one can access the table.

"You don't have permission"

Even myself and other super users can't get access to it!

What's the deal here?

Please help :(

I'll paypal you $5 :(

Thanks again.. as per usual..

-Adam

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    adamEthan wrote:
    NAV 4.0 SP3.

I swear, having a useful implementer would be amazing here.

Anyways, I used the c/side reference book and made a couple adjustments to our Vendor card. I added a boolean field, an option field, and finally a field that lookups data from a new table I created.

Using the ref book and other mods as reference, I completed everything successfully. But after reboot, no one can access the table.

"You don't have permission"

Even myself and other super users can't get access to it!

What's the deal here?

Please help :(

I'll paypal you $5 :(

Thanks again.. as per usual..

-Adam

what are field numbers that you added?
    did you fill in any data with developers license? if so.. you must remove any such data, and fill it in with user license.

and of course, what is the number of you newly created table?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    also I would look in roles->permissions

did you add your new table?

hmm. but Super user should still work :-k

what's you table #50000+
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Thanks for the fast replies guys.

The table number is in the 50000 range.

If I use the company license, I can't save the newly created table.

If I use the dev license, I can create the table, but no one can access it :oops:

=(

I'm confused. Obviously dev's create new tables all the time, and these tables are accessible to all of the database's users, so why wouldn't mine be accessible?

-Adam
    for us it depends on the number of table purchased when we received our license - our client license is only allowed 10 tables (you can get more)

so 50000 to 50009 is our limit - but with the dev licence obviously you can add 50010+.

hmm. I remember a post long ago about somehow getting around that limitation by using temptables or som :-k ething.
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    There are a couple of things to bear in mind here:

A developers license will allow you to create new tables, forms, reports etc. in (almost) any number range you like.

What determines if other database users can access these tables or other objects, is a combination of the company license and the permission given to individual users.

A user with SUPER permission for example will still not be able to access a table if you company license doesn't give access to that table.

The best thing you can do is find out what additional objects your company license gives you access to, the partner who implemented your system should be able to tell you this.

Say for example you license gives you tables 50000..50009, if you create a table, 50010, no one will be able to access it, except with a developers license. What you would need to do in that position is to purchase an addition table or set of tables on your license (buying 10 or more at a time is cheaper than buying 1 at a time), depending on the requirements you have in terms of development.
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • adamEthanadamEthan Member Posts: 104
    Thanks. My object ID# was 50010.

Stupid :(

Anyways.. I really appreciate the fast replies guys. Really, I do!

Thanks a lot.

-Adam
    When we first got Nav we figured 10 tables - more than enuf!!!!

4 years later not so much :?