Inventory Costing, Production output.

Mike_HeffnerMike_Heffner Member Posts: 32
Hello,

I have a client who is on NAV 4.0 SP3 with the following problem.

They are using average costing and an item that should cost about $512 is showing a unit cost of $2500. The item is a production output. And, we believe the problem was caused by closing the job without posting any consumption.

Of couse now we can't go back and post the consumption, and we can't change the unit cost so we are stuck.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct the cost in this situation?

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    Hello,

I have a client who is on NAV 4.0 SP3 with the following problem.

They are using average costing and an item that should cost about $512 is showing a unit cost of $2500. The item is a production output. And, we believe the problem was caused by closing the job without posting any consumption.

Of couse now we can't go back and post the consumption, and we can't change the unit cost so we are stuck.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct the cost in this situation?

Thanks,
    Mike

hi.
    surely the problem will be closing the job without consumptions...
    you can try to re-create the finished production order as a released production orden and then post the consumptions, using some process or so... maybe it can work, maybe not...

PLEASE test in a COPY or your database first...
    if doing so, don't forget to delete manually the released prod. order you re-create...

regards

If you go to the finished production order and select entries and value entries you will see all the entries making up your cost.

With regards to the cost you can use a revaluation journal to alter the output cost and subsequent cogs. For the consumption you can manually relieve stock using an item journal, but I would seriously check the consumption first, and how you get to $2500!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Mike_HeffnerMike_Heffner Member Posts: 32
    I forgot to mention in my original post. When we try to run revaluation we get a divide by vero error. I am not sure how to tell what is causing that.

Mike
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You should only get a divide by 0 error with modified code, if it is Microsofts there will be a fix, but I would guess it is a modification. You can run debugger to find out what is causing it, but you will probably need a fix for it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen