Time Zone Configuration

anand_sri12anand_sri12 Member Posts: 71
Dear All,

Can we configure Time Zone for different countries in navision

If yes please guide me with some document and all..
With thanks

Anand Kumar
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Can you describe the purpose? Timezone definition is part of Operation system (Windows) you do not need to set something within NAV if you do not have some special reason...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • anand_sri12anand_sri12 Member Posts: 71
    kine wrote:
    Can you describe the purpose? Timezone definition is part of Operation system (Windows) you do not need to set something within NAV if you do not have some special reason...

One of the client want the navision to set up for different time zone.

Does Navision have some thing to setup time zone configuration?
    With thanks

Anand Kumar
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Can you explain why? What do they need it for?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    kine wrote:

One of the client want the navision to set up for different time zone.

Does Navision have some thing to setup time zone configuration?

Just change the timezone in windows, if all you need is a few hours moved to some direction.
    1) Only one thing in NAV is using timezones: DateTime datatype. The value is stored in GMT and displayed with correction for the timezone you have set in your Windows.

2) Other things are timezone independent (because it will be nonsense to use time zone with Time data type)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    I don't completely agree that you can ignore timezone information even in a simple Time field. I've seen distributed environments where the Navision data and server is centralized in one geographic location but time sensitive information is pulled in or entered from other locations. Thus it is important that the time data be consistently represented in Navision.

I normally recommend that if there will be multiple locations involved then all time data that is written in Navision should be in UTC or GMT time.

While this may not be a common scenario - it should be considered when users are entering data in any time filelds.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
    jlandeen wrote:
    I don't completely agree that you can ignore timezone information even in a simple Time field. I've seen distributed environments where the Navision data and server is centralized in one geographic location but time sensitive information is pulled in or entered from other locations. Thus it is important that the time data be consistently represented in Navision.

I normally recommend that if there will be multiple locations involved then all time data that is written in Navision should be in UTC or GMT time.

While this may not be a common scenario - it should be considered when users are entering data in any time filelds.

Yes, but in this situation, you need to correct all date fields connected to this time field too. Or you can use the DateTime variable and you do not need to do anything else. It will be stored in UTC (GMT).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.