How to restrict user from performing a particular function?

SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
Hi all,
I am currently working on Nav4.0 SP3 , with SQL server.The problem is a user in accounts have to restricted from creating a new Account.I have not been able to do it sucessfully. :( Please advice.

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Basically, you go to Tools->Security->Roles. Than click Roles->Permissions. Remove filters to see all roles. And set filter on Object Name "G/L Account". Then, all you need to do, is to clear the "Insert permission" from different roles.

It should help.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,499
    [Topic moved from General Chat to Navision forum]
  • SapotSapot Member Posts: 50
    Thank you Tomas, thank you verymuch and sorry for late response as i was travelling all along.Coming to ur point i already tried it but that's not working, which made me post this issue to you, we can do that with code but i wanna try that using ROLES.
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Hi,
    This should work by the way Tomas has suggested you...
    What is the problem that u r getting by this method?
    If the user does not have permission to insert in that particular table, then definitely he will not be able to create new account....
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
    Hi,
    The problem that i get after deleting the ' INSERT PERMISSION' on G/L Account(Roles->Permission), user get into General Ledger --> Chart Of Accounts and if user creates a new account it still allows user to create one, which should not be the case.
    I donot want a particular user to create a new Account the above way, may be that i m still more clear on the problem .Hope i get a good Solution. THANK You ALL!
    Hi,
    What are the roles assigned to that particular user?
    In case it is on SQL server, then have you done security synchronisation after making changes in security setup?
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    HI DRB,
    I need to check in with the roles assinged.
    Coming to next part of ur reply.
    Yeah it is on SQL SERVER on which this is my first experience,so can u explain or teach me about the security synchronisation after making changes in security setup?
    Can u please help me on this? Thank you Very Much!
    May be u have assigned SUPER role to this user....that might be one of the reason
    and for synchronisation ...Tools>>Security>>Synchronise
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Thank You Very Much DRB, for ur advice actually i missed out on checking if i was testing on the SUPER user(that' Silly I Know).
    Coming to Syncronization i would test it tommorow as it's already day off here and if i do get any problems i would post them again.in the same topic when i test that(Tommorow or dayafter).
    Once Again Thank you very much!
    Thank you all, the problem is resolved.
    Special thanks to TOMAS and DRB for ur Response.