Testing to Live - Data Cleaning.

JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
HI Experts,

I want to know which is the best way to clean data from all tables.

I have Navision SP3. I found one form called Implementation in that form last tab is data cleaning. but when i click on clean up button in form to clean up data it shows me license message.

I want to clean only posting data like item ledger, warehouse entry etc.

Thank you
JAYESH PATEL

Comments

• NikkNikk Member Posts: 49
    JAYESH wrote:
    HI Experts,

I want to know which is the best way to clean data from all tables.

I have Navision SP3. I found one form called Implementation in that form last tab is data cleaning. but when i click on clean up button in form to clean up data it shows me license message.

I want to clean only posting data like item ledger, warehouse entry etc.

Thank you

Hi Jayesh,
    The data cleaning routine available in version 4 does part of this for you. A no of tables are not cleaned out though e.g. Bank Ac Ledger and of course any custom tables that you have.You can add these to the Data cleaning codeunit to have them included as well.

The No Series -Last No Used is also not reset . Is this for a Live deployment?
  • JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
    HI Thanx for the information

Yes this is for live Project.
    Then what is the best way to clean all data ?
    JAYESH PATEL
  • NikkNikk Member Posts: 49
    JAYESH wrote:
    HI Thanx for the information

Yes this is for live Project.
    Then what is the best way to clean all data ?

After you feel that your setup is complete ,do a backup and keep this as the start template. If you notice any setup related errors during testing ,just note them down so you correct them in the clean company when ready for start...

Others may of course be using different methods , this is just one of mine... :)
  • JAYESHJAYESH Member Posts: 290
    Thanx
    JAYESH PATEL