display zero on dates within a date filter

asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
I have design a report that is using filtering by date. but i want it to display zeros for dates that are not found in the contributions table within the filter range.

for example.. if i use date filter range of 01/01/99..31/12/07 and the report finds all other dates except for 12/11/07 it should display

November 2007 0

.. I am displaying the rest where the dates are in contributions table. Please help me on this.

Comments

• mstallmannmstallmann Member Posts: 138
    I assume you are grouping and totaling by month on this report. What I would suggest is to create a temporary table, or an array (using the integer datatype for looping). Then when processing, fill this table or array with the necessarry information. Use that as the basis for the report layout rather than the data item you are currently using. As you loop through the records, if none are found for that period, you can insert a record into your temp table, or array as you want it displayed.

If I am off track, please provide more details for your report.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Or, you can use the Date table as a dataitem, filter that where Period Type = Month, and indent your table linked to the Date dataitem by way of start and end dates of the Date record.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I see that in form 351 - haven't had time to play around with it but I can see how useful it can be.
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    A friend tried using the date table using request form but it took roughly an hour to display the results of the report from the contributions of about a million record. How best can i use the contribution table not to take that long?
  • asemberengasembereng Member Posts: 220
    Sorry i wanted to say how best can i used the date table instead of contributions table.
    Thank you,