NF 2.01.B Translation Database?

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
Hi there

I'm about to upgrade a swedish NF 2.01.B to NAV 5.0 (in two steps as
recommended). To be able to do it right and follow the recommendations I need a translated, localized base version of the database.
I have downloaded the US version of the database from PartnerSource, but as I understand it I need the localized version to do it correctly. To ease up the procedure it would be nice to have the translation file too, if it exists.

So, is there anyone out there that can help me with this?
I made an upgrade from NF SE2.60 to Navision 4 recently using only the US base version and finally I got it right, but I guess that the comparison is easier if the translated localizations are the same, you need less manual work then. :-k
Or, is it not needed? What is your experience from this translation matter? :?:

Comments

• FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
    Okay, since no one has replied to this I may make the question a little more straight forward. :wink:

Is the translation database really needed?
    If I have a customized database in swedish and a uncustomized base database in english (US), what is really the advantage of having a translation database then?

Is the only reason for having the TD that I don't have the swedish localizations in the english base database so the comparison will not see those "standard" things and treat them like customizations?

Does anyone have experiences in this translation database thing??? :-k
  • leugimleugim Member Posts: 93
    hi

I believe that when you import an SE fob in a W1 database, your SE field-names are translated to W1 file-names... try with some tables. if so, you can export all your SE objects and then import in a W1 database.

it will make easier to upgrade to newer versions i believe...

be careful