Non stock Item on Nav 5.00

NELLIONELLIO Member Posts: 13
Hello,

One of my customer want to manage on Navision non stock items ...
A non stock item have the same properties as a standard item ( Order, Shipment, Invoice ) but there's no ledger of quantity in wharehouse ( no input or output of quantity ) !!!

How can i do that ? Can i do that with "resources" with the same fonctionnalities ?

Thanks

Comments

• mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    Have a look at the Swiss version, they have a property "No Stockkeeping" on the item card that does exactly what you want.

You can have a look at the code behind it, I do not know which other countries have this field too.

This is what the help says about it:
    No Stockkeeping Field
    The Item Table
    This option on an item card causes no item ledger entry to be generated when that item is posted.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can use the resources if you need to just sell it. If you need to purchase, you can use combination of G/L Account and Resource. Or you can use the standard "Nonstock Items" functionality.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NELLIONELLIO Member Posts: 13
    Standard "NonStock Items" is to manage "Vendor catalog" in Nav to not have a lots of items in Nav without sales them.
    And when you sale a "NonStock Items" you automatically create an Item with its fonctionnality : Output Ledger in wharehouse and i don't want that .... so i am going to make tests with resources !!

Thanks
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ah, ok, thanks. We never used the nonstock items, it is why I have "wrong imagination" how it works. Than yes, resources are best...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    "No Stockkeeping" checkbox on the item card that does exactly what you think "NonStock Items" do.

If you really need something that does not post item ledger entries, only values and where there is no stock (it will always appear as 0), this is what you need.

You can just look at how it is done in Switzerland (and maybe also in Germany) with default code and copy the functionality.
  • tameemabdullahtameemabdullah Member Posts: 17
    Hi there,

I am looking for something very similar to what you are describing with non-stock items and would like to get a copy of the Swiss or German Navision database, where can i download them from?
    Actually, I found out the German version does not have it, only the Swiss does.

You can download it from PartnerSource and if you have ftp access to MiBuSo I guess you can download it here to.

Just grab a swiss Cronus.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    NELLIO wrote:
    Hello,

A non stock item have the same properties as a standard item ( Order, Shipment, Invoice ) but there's no ledger of quantity in wharehouse ( no input or output of quantity ) !!!

How can i do that ? Can i do that with "resources" with the same fonctionnalities ?

Thanks

Yes this is standard Navision functionality, Group Items. These generate Group Item entries that are basically like Item Ledger entries, but have no Quantities they just are used to track costs etc. (imagine a value ledger entry with no Item Ledger Entry. :whistle:

BUT no, unfortunately this great standard NAV feature was removed from standard functionality back in Navision Financials 1.1. Actually much of the code was still there in 1.1 as were the tables and fields, but by 1.3 it had been virtually removed.
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    NELLIO wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks

Yes this is standard Navision functionality, Group Items. These generate Group Item entries that are basically like Item Ledger entries, but have no Quantities they just are used to track costs etc. (imagine a value ledger entry with no Item Ledger Entry. :whistle:

BUT no, unfortunately this great standard NAV feature was removed from standard functionality back in Navision Financials 1.1. Actually much of the code was still there in 1.1 as were the tables and fields, but by 1.3 it had been virtually removed.

This would be a nice feature for Manufacturing, where you have all these small items that are used and also sold and purchased. You could use resource for selling and purchasing, but for Manufacturing you can't use resource.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I just don't understand why they removed this.
    David Singleton
  • NavUsrNavUsr Member Posts: 4
    ara3n wrote:

This would be a nice feature for Manufacturing, where you have all these small items that are used and also sold and purchased. You could use resource for selling and purchasing, but for Manufacturing you can't use resource.

I would appreciate hearing what companies do to manage these small items for manufacturing in Nav. We have small items that are more like comsumables that we need to have listed in BOM components but we don't want to track them in inventory. We currently have these items set up as inventory items but are finding them difficult to manage.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    We do it now by using a different location code 'NONSTOCK' for items where quantity in not important.

I was thinking of implementing something simular. An option on the item card decides if the stock quantity always becomes zero (item ledger entry). Can this work or will the WIP or other process/report stop working?